Search This Blog

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Well its finally happened

It was time we got back on track with this project and needed to find out why it just wouldn't start.
Today we sorted it.

The exhaust cam was  at fault, the end that connects to the rotor was freely loose, so no mater how it was times it was always going to be out.

but she runs now.

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Quiet day, got bored.

So replaced all four discs and pads, ordered a new cat, ball joints and gaskets for the exhaust.

As the rear of the car is now finished, i also fitted the alloys.

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Exhaust, and brakes refurb

Another slow and steady day, doing those sh*t jobs that take to long but need doing anyway.
Refurbishing the brakes ready for the new disc's and pads due Monday and fitting the exhaust which is a 2.5" straight through with a 4" tail pipe. I will be fitting a cat as i prefer to get through MOT's rather than gain a tiny bit of top end power which i will never use.
The brakes where shot, when trying to wind the rears back i found them to be seized and the passenger side worn more than the driver side. So stripped it all down and the sliders are currently sat in brake cleaner until the new parts arrive.

Sunday, 17 February 2013

little annoying jobs

Small update today as had to be back early (life is slowing progression). So decided to do all those fiddly little annoying jobs, how ever insignificant still needed to be done. Started by removing all the water pipes and good job i did, horrible yellow gunk all over the place. So pipes flushed and dismounted the radiator and took it to the tap and kept it running on high and low pressure until clear water started to come out... Wire brushed the loose paint and minor rust of the pipes and a couple of layers of satin black. Turned my attention back to the block again, swapped the cam cover bolts for stainless jobbies. Fitted a new dizzy cap from stock (just in case) and the magnecor leads. Fitted the main samco hoses. I then replaced the shocking battery terminal for a nice shiny one.

Sunday, 10 February 2013

timing and mounts

Well that was a nightmare mornng, sometime, the t-series just does not want to be timed. Everytime we moved somthing, it was a tooth out regardless, was getting quite annoying, but done now.

This was also when we added the AP clutch

Thanks to mike for the engine mounts.